Ashram daily schedule:
4:15 am Morning Bell
5:00 - 5:15 am Morning Prayer
5:15 - 7:00 am Joints & Glands Exercises / Hatha Yoga
7:00 - 7:30 am Pranayama (Breathing Practices)
7:30 - 8:30 am Meditation
8:40 - 9:30 am Breakfast
10:00 - 12:00 pm Student Classes, Guest Programs
12:30 - 1:00 pm Pranayama (Breathing Practices)
1:00 - 2:00 pm Lunch
2:00 - 2:30 pm Digestive Breathing
2:30 - 4:00 pm Student Classes, Guest Programs
4:00 - 4:15 pm Tea
4:30 - 5:30 pm Hatha Yoga Class
5:45 - 6:45 pm Meditation with Swami Veda
7:00 - 8:00 pm Dinner
8:00 - 9:00 pm Daily program
9:00 pm Prayers
Note: Thursday is silence day, program announced
Below is some information that we feel is important to know to improve your time at Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama (SRSG).
- SRSG is an Ashram, so please maintain an atmosphere of quietude, and respect for the environment both inside and outside of your cottage.
- Use the resources on the campus sparingly - lights, water, cooking gas, etc.
India has a shortage of water and power resources. Please always switch off the electric water heater in the bathrooms after use.
- In the spirit of ahimsa (non-harming), we do not consume or prepare any meat, fish, or eggs on the premises.
- Alcohol, intoxicants or mind-altering drugs are prohibited.
- Smoking is not allowed in the cottages or on the campus grounds.
- The distribution of money, pens, etc. to people outside the Ashram is strongly discouraged. It encourages a habit of begging and may give the impression of the Ashram as a distribution centre.
- Please refrain from giving any tips of any kind.
- Any cups, plates or steel tumblers borrowed from the dining hall must be returned at your earliest convenience and not left in the cottages and rooms.
- Should you find anything not working optimally in your cottage, please bring it to the notice of the management in the Mandala Office (reception office) during office hours of 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. After office hours you may inform the guards on duty who will notify a staff member.
- If you are interested in volunteering for karma yoga, you may add your name to the food service schedule posted next to the dining hall door. Other karma yoga activities are scheduled every Saturday.
- Dust bins, one for food waste and the other for non-food waste, have been placed at several locations outside the cottages. Food waste may also be collected in cottage dustbins and then disposed of in a special plastic bin located in the dining hall washing room.
- Please help support the Ashram recycling programme by disposing of your wastes properly.
- If you have need for any other articles in or near your cottage, please notify the staff.
- Kindly do not move any furniture and other articles such as chairs, blankets, etc. from the meditation hall or other locations.
- We welcome any comments or suggestions and encourage you to leave them in writing at the reception desk.
- House-keeping is the responsibility of each resident. Sadhaka Grama staff are not authorized to clean your cottage while you occupy it.
- Please keep the cottage clean inside.